WHY PLAY FREEDOM HKY?
1) Coaching, coaching, coaching. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the country! We have former Olympians, National Team Members, Division I National Champions and All-‐Americans on our staff and they are all fun, great teachers and role models! Click here to check out our current and past coaches!
2) Incredible Facilities. The University of Maryland Field Hockey complex is one of the top Field Hockey turf facilities in the country! All Freedom HKY teams practice at the complex in the Fall, Spring, and Summer. The players absolutely love playing there! The UMD turf is a water-‐based surface that the top teams in the world play on!
3) Club Administration & Leadership. We are an independently run (not parent run) organization with years of experience playing at all levels all the way up to the US National Team!
4) Comprehensive Program. As players age up to the U12, U14, U16, and U19 levels, the programs we offer become more comprehensive, including group fitness training, goalkeeper training, skills training, and college recruiting support. We aim to provide all the support and guidance players need to maximize their development and to help them achieve their personal goals!
5) Always Improving. We will never stop improving our program! We want the best for our players, our teams, our families, our club, and the development of the sport of field hockey in this area. We will continue to change programs, make additions, and try new things!
Freedom HKY aspires to be an outstanding athletic organization that provides a high-quality experience to every athlete. A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete is coached using the principles of Positive Coaching, has fun at practices and games, feels like an important part of the team regardless of performance, learns “life lessons” that have value beyond the playing field, and learns the skills, tactics and strategies of the game while improving as a player.
We recognize that coaches are the people who most directly make this all possible. It is our goal to provide every coach with the tools to succeed as a Positive Coach. We are committed to creating a positive culture, in which coaches, parents, fans, officials and athletes work together to achieve our mission.
ABOUT FREEDOM HKY:
Freedom HKY is a comprehensive club program that provides year-‐round field hockey training and playing opportunities. The club has approximately 100 players coming from Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Harford County, Baltimore County, Montgomery County, PG County, and Queen Anne County. The club offers year-‐round hockey divided into three separate programs: the Fall Training Program (September-‐November), the Indoor Season (December-‐March), and the Spring/Summer Season (March-‐August). While we highly encourage and like to have players participate in all three seasons because we believe it is best for their development, we do have some players who only play two of the three seasons for various reasons.